Thread: Javier Zanetti
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2009   #39
Mauro7
Consigliere

Send a message via MSN to Mauro7

Words spoken from the heart that hit the heart. Words spoken by Gianfelice Facchetti during today's press conference to celebrate Javier Zanetti's milestone 634 appearances for Inter.

"When he spoke about Javier, my father often repeated how surprised he was at how few goals he scored, considering the number of scoring chances," recalled Gianfelice.
"He was amazed by the quantity of this lad's play, the quantity of balls he won, all the times he crossed the pitch with this nimbleness as if there were no one in front of him.
My father always thought he could score a lot more, and I sincerely I hope he does.

"Javier Zanetti, more than anyone else, deserves to take credit for Inter's victories in recent years because he has always been here, he has always had this desire for revenge. He had the courage to stay here even when things weren't going well. The sirens ring for everybody, but no one has ever said how many offers Javier Zanetti has received to go elsewhere. He has always stayed here, faithful to the colours and the history of Inter. Javier has always given his all and the fans know this.
"With everything that happened, he remained at Inter, convinced that things would change sooner or later. He is the emblem of Inter today, but he is also one of Inter's most emblematic players of all time because he has gone through fifteen years of history with the class and courage that only great men have. And Zanetti is one of these."
"It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."